Using InfoSphere Optim Data Growth for Archiving on Distributed Systems (DT205G) » zur vollständigen Seminarliste
This course is designed to provide technical end-users and DBAs with a foundation in the functionality basics of the InfoSphere Optim Data Growth solution. This course focuses on the technical aspects of the Optim solution and is intended for technical audiences. Students will use Optim technology working through hands-on practice on how to apply the technology to business scenarios. This course prepares technical users with the Optim knowledge and skills necessary to participate in an Optim implementation project and confidently perform Optim tasks ongoing.
This course is designed to introduce the attendee to IBM Optim and to Optim's capabilities in helping clients to manage data growth. Students will use Optim processes to archive, delete, browse, restore, load, and insert data. They will also learn to use Open Data Manager (ODM) to access archived files and perform management activities.
This course prepares technical users with the Optim knowledge and skills necessary to participate in an Optim implementation project and confidently perform Optim tasks ongoing. During the course, hands-on exercises will be used to check the attendee's progress.
This course uses IBM InfoSphere Optim Data Growth Solution V18.104.22.168 on distributed systems.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.
- Describe how data growth impacts mission critical applications
- Demonstrate how the Optim solution supports a data growth strategy
- Explain how the Optim solution fits into the architectural landscape
- Explain how the archiving process works and planning considerations
- Describe the purpose of the Optim Directory and the objects it contains
- Create Access Definitions and table specifications
- Define selection criteria
- Archive data from a source database
- Delete data from a source database
- Create tables from an Archive File
- Insert and load data from an Archive File
- Restore data to a target database or storage device
- Implement Optim Archive Actions
- Maintain the archive indexes and directory entries
- Use the File Maintenance Facility to split, hold, and expire Archive Files
- Define Optim primary keys and Optim relationships
- Traverse relationships to access the tables in the order that is needed to archive the data
- Run an Archive Process from the Command Line Interface
- Use some of the most frequently used options in a Command Line Interface
- Retry or restart an Optim process
- Import and export objects from the Optim Directory
- Describe the benefits of existing security versus Optim Security
- Define best practices for implementing Optim
- Create collections of archived data
- Access archived data through the Open Data Manager (ODM)
This is a basic usage course for application developers, business analysts, database administrators, and technical personnel involved in implementing a data growth management solution using IBM InfoSphere Optim Data Growth Solution.
You should be able to:
- Use basic Window functionality
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects, such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
- Construct and use basic SQL statements
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.