Quick Basics of DB2 10.5 Administration for Windows - SPVC (2L285G) » zur vollständigen Seminarliste
This course teaches how to perform, basic database administrative tasks using DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. These tasks include creating database objects like table, indexes and views and loading data into the database with DB2 utilities like LOAD and INGEST. Various diagnostic methods will be presented, including using various db2pd command options and monitoring using SQL statements with DB2 monitor functions. Students learn how to implement automatic archival for database logs and how to recover a database to a specific point in time using the archived logs. The locking performed by DB2 and the effect the application isolation level has on locking and lock wait conditions are covered. This course provides a quick start to DB2 database administration skills for experienced relational Database Administrators (DBA).
The lab exercises are performed using DB2 LUW 10.5 for Windows. For some exercise tasks students will have the option to complete the task using a DB2 command line processor or using the graphical interface provided by IBM Data Server Manager.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.
- Overview of DB2 10 on Linux, UNIX and Windows
- DB2 Command Line Processor (CLP) and GUI tools
- The DB2 database manager instance
- Creating Databases and Data Placement
- Creating Database Objects
- Moving Data
- Backup and Recovery
- Locking and concurrency
- Database Maintenance, Monitoring and Problem Determination
This is an intermediate level course for experienced DBAs and technical individuals, with experience on other relational database platforms, who plan, implement, and maintain DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows databases.
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
These skills can be developed by taking:
- DB2 SQL Workshop
- DB2 Fundamentals
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.