Power Systems for AIX - PowerVM I: Implementing Virtualization (AN30G) » zur vollständigen Seminarliste
This course provides an overview of the PowerVM edition's features on POWER processor-based systems. It explains the new features and benefits of virtualization including processor virtualization, Virtual I/O Server, and virtual devices, such as virtual Ethernet, virtual SCSI, and virtual Fibre Channel adapters. Basic and advanced configurations of the Virtual I/O Server and its clients are discussed including various availability options.
Expand your knowledge about PowerVM features that were introduced in Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11G).
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor lead course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.
- Unit 1: Introduction to partitioning
- Exercise 1: Power System documentation overview
- Unit 2: Processor virtualization
- Exercise 2: Processor virtualization configuration
- Unit 3: Integrated Virtual Ethernet
- Exercise 3: Integrated Virtual Ethernet configuration
- Unit 4: Virtual Ethernet
- Exercise 4: Virtual Ethernet Adapter configuration
- Unit 5 - Topic 1: Virtual I/O Server and virtual devices
- Exercise 5 - Topic 1: Virtual I/O Server and client partition configuration
- Unit 5 - Topic 2: Virtual I/O Server and virtual devices
- Exercise 5 - Topic 2: Virtual I/O Server and client partition configuration
- Unit 6: Virtual network configurations with dual VIOS
- Exercise 6: Shared Ethernet adapter failover setup
- Unit 7: Virtual SCSI configurations with dual VIOS
- Exercise 7: Dual VIO servers configuration with MPIO in the client partition
- Unit 8: N_Port ID Virtualization
- Exercise 8. Virtual Fibre Channel adapter configuration
- Unit 9: Migration from Physical to Virtual Storage
- Unit 10: HMC Service Management.
- Exercise 9: Manage Service Events
- Unit 11: PowerVM advanced systems maintenance
- Exercise 10: PowerVM system maintenance
- Exercise 11: (Optional) file-backed virtual disk and virtual media repository configuration
This advanced course is appropriate for System Administrators, Technical Support Personnel, and Business Partners responsible for implementing LPARs on IBM Power Systems with AIX servers.
You must have advanced system administration experience with AIX 6 or AIX 7. This prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following courses:
Power Systems for AIX II: Implementation and Administration (AN12G)
Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination (AN15G)
AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN14G)
Alternatively, you must have equivalent AIX and LPAR skills.
General TCP/IP knowledge is strongly recommended.
You are also expected to have logical partition administration skills on Power Systems servers, which can be obtained by attending Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11G).
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.
Kurspreis für offene Schulungen
3290,00 € zzgl. 19% MwSt. (3915,10 € inkl. 19% MwSt.)