Network Installation Manager (NIM) Updates (AN22ADG) » zur vollständigen Seminarliste
This online course is supplemental to (AN22G) AIX Network Installation Management Concepts and Configuration.
The new NIM features in AIX 7.2 are highlighted over other features. For example, AIX 7.2 introduces Live Update as a major feature that puts new requirements on using NIM. But, one of the key NIM features is to use HTTP in place of NFS. This course takes students through configuration, limitation, and use cases for working with NIM over HTTP.
This course puts students in the new AIX 7.2 environment, without going through the installation or upgrading processes that are described with hands-on activities in AN22G.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.
Module 1: A quick tour on what’s new in AIX 7.2
- Summarize hardware, software, and storage requirements
- Overview of Live Update
- Recognize some new feature limitations
Module 2: New NIM features in AIX 7.2
- Recognize Live Update features related to NIM
- Identify the use of HTTP in place of NFS for NIM
- Recognize other new NIM features
Module 3: Verifying NIM configuration in AIX 7.2 (demo video)
- Recognize new NIM configuration related to AIX 7.2
- Identify requirements for running Live Update with NIM
- Summarize things NIM users need to know in AIX 7.2
Module 4: Working with NIM over HTTP and use cases (demo video)
- Recognize requirement and limitation on using HTTP
- Identify NIM HTTP functions versus NFS
- Apply use cases for NIM over HTTP
This course is for personnel who are:.
- AIX Administrators
- Power System owners or managers
- AIX power users who work with NIM
- Previous AIX backgrounds and experiences are required
- Previous NIM backgrounds and experiences are required
- General skills in commands execution and working with user interfaces are required
- Power Systems working experiences in HMC, VIOS, and OS installation are assumed but not required
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.