Introduction to IBM i for New Users (OE98G) » zur vollständigen Seminarliste
In this classroom course, you will learn basic concepts and skills you need to be productive users on Power Systems with IBM i. With plenty of hands-on lab exercises, we show everything from signing onto the available user interfaces; green screen environment, System i Navigator, and IBM Navigator for i. You will learn how objects are managed on the system and how you display these objects. You will learn to use control language (CL) commands (fast path) and how to work with and manage messages on the system. We will also address how to the system manages work and how you manage your printouts. We will also provide a basic overview of security.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.
- Explain the functions supported by IBM i operating systems
- Explain Power System with IBM i models and generations
- Explain which applications are supported
- Sign on and off the system from a display station, System i Navigator, and IBM Navigator for i
- Use the display station keyboard
- Use the online help that is available
- Use the different interfaces available for IBM i
- Understand how objects are managed
- Enter control language (CL) commands
- Send and receive messages and work with message queues
- Manage work and output
- Explain basic security
This basic course is intended for new end users employed in a data processing environment who are new to Power Systems with IBM i.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.