IBM System Automation for z/OS 4.1 Implementation and Administration (SM937G) » zur vollständigen Seminarliste
In this course, you learn how to define automation policy for IBM System Automation for z/OS® (SA z/OS).
You learn how to create policy definitions for systems, applications, application groups, and monitor resources. This is delivered in an environment with multiple opportunities for hands-on lab exercises. You define automation policy for several environments: single system and multiple system within a basic sysplex. The System Automation for z/OS automation manager and automation agent run in a z/OS 2.2 environment. The automation platform, Tivoli® NetView for z/OS is at version 6 release 2.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.
- System Automation for z/OS overview
- Installation and customization
- Customization Dialog and Policy Data Base
- Defining Applications and building automation configuration files
- Additional customization: explore features and functions including use of symbolics in the policy, Application classes, suspend file, Notify Operators, Service Periods, Events, Triggers, and monitor resources
- Initialization and runmodes
- Gateways and Status Display Facility
- Defining Application Groups
- End-to-end automation: extend automation to cross-sysplex and to true end-to-end cross platform automation. Use the Universal Automation Adapter to automate resources on distributed systems, for instance running on Linux
- Performance-based automation with OMEGAMON
- Migration and coexistence with previous releases of SA z/OS
This intermediate course is primarily intended for system administrators and system analysts who are responsible for defining the automation policy that is used by System Automation for z/OS.
Before taking this course, you should have attended the following courses or have equivalent skills:
•SM917 - IBM System Automation for z/OS 4.1 Architecture
•SM927 - IBM System Automation for z/OS 4.1 Operations
You should have the following skills:
•Good knowledge of System Automation for z/OS architecture and concepts
•Basic knowledge of System Automation for z/OS operations
•Basic z/OS operations skills and started task concepts
•Basic NetView skills
•Basic ISPF use
•JCL coding and z/OS data set allocation
Recommended NetView courses before this course are:
•TZ203 - IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS 6.1 Fundamentals
•TZ213 - IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS 6.1 Automation
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.