Hardware Configuration and Definition (HCD) for z/OS (ES96G) » zur Seminarliste
Learn to work with the Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD) function for z/OS, and to plan and initiate dynamic reconfiguration of your zSeries hardware environment. Learn to use the HCD dialogs of z/OS to create an Input/Output (I/O) configuration and dynamically alter the I/O configuration. Learn about the creation of an I/O Configuration Dataset (IOCDS) and various reports that HCD can build. Use a z/OS system to reinforce lecture topics and to practice working with the HCD dialogs. Hands-on lab projects may be done in teams depending on the number of attendees and location.
Alle IBM Trainings finden in Kooperation mit unserem Partner esciris GmbH statt.
- Describe new zSeries processor technology
- Code new zSeries processors (z9 to z196)
- Code FICON channels and FICON CTCs
- Code Coupling Facilities (CF) and CF links
- Code cascaded FICON Directors
- Create an IODF work file on a z processor from scratch
- Use CHPID mapping tool to create a validated work IODF
- Use work IODF and create a production IODF
- Perform Dynamic I/O changes on a real z/OS system
- Build a LOADxx parmlib member for initial program load (IPL)
- View configuration graphically
- Create appropriate configuration reports
This course is for people who are responsible for maintaining the I/O configuration contained in the input/output data files (IODFs) and input/output configuration data sets (IOCDs) at their z/OS installation.
You should have:
- A basic knowledge of z/OS and I/O configuration
This knowledge can be developed on the job, or by taking Fundamental System Skills in z/OS (ES10A).
4 Kurstage (pro Tag 8 Unterrichtsstunden à 45 Min.)
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.
Kurspreis für offene Schulungen
2800,00 € zzgl. 19% MwSt. (3332,00 € inkl. 19% MwSt.)