DFSMS Implementation (SS84G) » zur vollständigen Seminarliste
This course provides the skills required to plan and implement Data Facility Storage Management Subsystem (DFSMS). A step-by-step implementation strategy, emphasizing coexistence considerations, is reinforced by hands-on labs. In the hands-on labs, students will be creating constructs as well as coding ACS routines. This milestone approach includes managing temporary and permanent data sets. The course also discusses exploitation of functions provided by DFSMS as the installation evolves to the DFSMS environment.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.
- Unit 1 - Course introduction and DFSMS overview Lab 1 - ISMF
- Lab 1 - Review
- Unit 2 - Activating SMS
- Lab 2 - Activating SMS with minimal configuration
- Lab 2 - Review
- Unit 3 - Writing ACS routines
- Unit 4 - Managing temporary data sets Lab 3 - Managing temporary data sets
- Lab 3 - Review
- Unit 5 - Exploiting DFSMS
- Unit 6 - Managing permanent data sets Lab 4 - Managing permanent data sets
- Lab 4 - Review
- Unit 7 - Using NaviQuest
- Unit 8 - Device preparation and data movement Lab 5 - Volume and data set conversion to SMS Lab 5 - Review
- Unit 9 - Controlling DFSMS Lab 6 - System operations
- Unit 10 - Additional considerations
This is an intermediate course is for personnel responsible for developing and implementing effective storage management techniques using DFSMS.
You should take the following courses or quivalent knowledge may be substituted for these courses.
- An Introduction to Data Storage Subsystems (SS05G)
- Storage Management Fundamentals (SS06G) or Storage Management Fundamentals (SK06G)
It is recommended that the student have programming experience which will aid in the writing of the ACS routines.
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.