Developing Applications with IBM Business Monitor V8.5.5 (ZB895G) » zur Seminarliste
In this course, you learn how to develop monitoring applications with IBM Business Monitor while also learning business process management (BPM) techniques and skills.
IBM Business Monitor is a business activity monitoring (BAM) product that supports BPM by measuring business performance, monitoring both InFlight and completed processes, and reporting on business transactions. This course includes topics of interest for students who want to use the IBM Business Monitor environment to develop applications.
In this course, students learn how to develop, implement, and test IBM Business Monitor applications so that they can generate real-time business views of enterprise data. The course begins with an overview of BAM and BPM in a service-oriented architecture (SOA), and the capabilities that IBM Business Monitor provides. In subsequent units, students learn how to build monitor models, establish performance metrics, monitor events, manage action services, debug the model, and build a business space dashboard. Students also learn how to enable events from various sources, including IBM Business Process Manager Advanced and IBM Integration Bus.
From the hands-on exercises that are provided throughout the course, students develop and implement a monitoring solution. The exercises include how to use the various components of IBM Business Monitor, such as the IBM Cognos Business Intelligence and the Monitor development toolkit, for reporting and dimensional analysis along with WebSphere Application Server. Students use the Monitor development toolkit to develop a monitor model, and then they use the IBM Integration Designer test client to test the model. Students also build customized business space dashboards that can be used to analyze and troubleshoot process performance.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows 2008 server R2 64-bit platform.
Alle IBM Trainings finden in Kooperation mit unserem Partner esciris GmbH statt.
- Course introduction
- Overview: BPM, BAM, and IBM Business Monitor
- Exercise: Exploring IBM Business Monitor
- IBM Business Monitor architecture and integration
- Exercise: Creating a monitor model
- Monitoring events
- Exercise: Selecting events and generating a monitor model
- Monitor development toolkit and monitoring concepts
- Using the Monitor model editor to define elements
- Exercise: Building the monitor model with the Monitor development toolkit: Part 1
- Concepts of dimensional and visual models
- Defining dimensional, KPI, and visual models
- Exercise: Building the monitor model with the Monitor development toolkit: Part 2
- Deploying a monitor model
- Exercise: Deploying and running the monitor model and the application
- Managing action services and event emissions
- Exercise: Managing action services
- Using the Integrated Test Client
- Using IBM Business Monitor business space dashboards to manage business processes
- Exercise: Building dashboards in IBM Business Monitor
- Debugging IBM Business Monitor
- Processing events from other products
- Exercise: Processing events from IBM Integration Bus
- Course summary
This intermediate course is designed for implementation consultants, integration developers, IT specialists, project managers, technical business analysts, and support engineers.
Before taking this course, you should have a fundamental understanding of service-oriented architecture and related WebSphere products.
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.