DB2 9 Administration Workshop for Linux (SPVC) » zur Seminarliste
This course teaches you how to perform basic database administration tasks using DB2 9. These tasks include creating DB2 instances, creating and populating databases, and using logical design to support concurrency and recovery requirements. New features, such as range partitioning, data row compression, and pure XML (native XML storage) will be introduced.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Alle IBM Trainings finden in Kooperation mit unserem Partner esciris GmbH statt.
- List and describe the components of DB2
- Manage System Managed Storage (SMS), Database Managed Storage (DMS), and Automatic Storage databases and apply data placement principles
- Administer a DB2 database system using commands and GUI tools
- Implement a given logical database design using DB2 to support integrity and concurrency requirements
- Use autonomic features of DB2
- Define a DB2 recovery strategy and perform the tasks necessary to support the strategy
- Implement DB2 security
This intermediate course is for system administrators, database administrators, and technical personnel involved in planning, implementing, and maintaining DB2 databases.
You should be able to:
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL), and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
These skills can be developed by taking:
- OS Training:
- AIX 5L Basics
- Linux Basics and Administration
- Windows Systems Administration Or by having equivalent HP-UX or Solaris administration experience
- DB2 SQL Workshop
- DB2 Fundamentals
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.