DB2 10.5 for LUW Multiple Partition DBA Workshop - SPVC (2L241G) » zur vollständigen Seminarliste
Contains: PDF course guide, as well as a lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace.
This course teaches you to perform database administrative tasks using DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows with Database Partitioning Feature (DPF) in a MPP environment. This course provides a fast path to DB2 partitioned databases for experienced single partition DBAs. These tasks include customizing the environment for a partitioned database system, creating and populating partitioned databases, designing a database for parallel use, and using partitioned DB2 utilities. The partitioned database access strategies selected by the DB2 Optimizer will be examined using the DB2 Explain tools. Various diagnostic methods will be presented including using various command options. Students learn how to implement automatic archival for partitioned database logs and how to backup and restore a partitioned database. The REBUILD option of RESTORE, which can build a database copy with a subset of the table spaces, is desribed. Improving application performance and the use of SQL statements to track database performance and health are covered. This course provides a quick start to DB2 partitioned database administration skills for experienced relational Database Administrators (DBA).
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.
- Unit 1: DB2 Partitioned Database Components and Concepts
- Unit 2: Installation
- Unit 3: Creating a Partitioned DB2 Database
- Unit 4: Partitioning and Database Partition Groups
- Unit 5: Partitioned Database Storage
- Unit 6: Moving Data
- Unit 7: Partitioned Database Backup and Recovery
- Unit 8 Database Rebuild Support
- Unit 9: Scaling the Database
- Unit 10 Explain with Partitioned Database Row Relocation Strategies
- Unit 11: Database Maintenance, Monitoring and Problem Determination
- Unit 12: Partitioned Database Performance Tuning and FCM Considerations
This is an intermediate course for experienced single partition DBAs and technical individuals, involved in planning, implementing, and maintain DB2 DPF partitioned databases.
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
- Experience as a single partition DB2 database administrator
These skills can be developed by taking:
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.