An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES05G) » zur vollständigen Seminarliste
This course is an overview of the z/OS operating systems and services for non-MVS IS technical personnel.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.
- Identify the installation requirements for an enterprise server and how z/OS supports these requirements
- Discuss the services for application enablement in a z/OS environment
- Identify how z/OS provides support for On Demand Business
- Describe how security is ensured in a z/OS environment
- Identify products and tools that support a central point of control
- Characterize products and facilities that support z/OS systems
- Describe the essential system services of z/OS
- List the z/Architecture processor configurations for z/OS
- Describe z/OS connectivity, communication facilities, and interfaces
- Describe how zEnterprise creates a single system of systems
- The concept, strategy, and benefits of the z/OS environment
- Application enablement in z/OS
- Overview of On Demand Business support in z/OS
- Connectivity to the z/OS environment
- Security support provided by z/OS
- Systems Management support (Tivoli, SMP/E, SMF, and RMF)
- Scalability, availability, backup, and recovery features in z/OS
- System Services support (storage management, job management, work management, data sets, and data set management)
- System z processor configurations, System z Enterprise Server hardware
- zEnterprise, a new dimension in computing
This basic course is for personnel with a technical background in information technology who are new to the z/OS platform and do not have prior MVS or OS/390 experience.
You should have:
- System concepts
- Basic knowledge of IS technologies
- No MVS, OS/390, or z/OS knowledge required
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.